Categories: Humanitarian Aid
Please take donations to the Southeast Gate at Emancipation & Walker
*Please note this location is no longer taking clothing donations
Residents who wish to help survivors should remember that only usable items should be donated. Donating materials that are worn-out, unwashed, or serve little purpose for the immediate needs of survivors may delay the sorting and distribution process.
If you are able to donate the following, please drop them off at designated locations:
- Food: Unexpired, non-perishable and easy-to-make
- Water: Bottled water with the safety seal intact
- Children’s Supplies: Diapers, wipes, bottles, formula, diaper rash cream (in their original, unopened packaging) and cribs, playpens, car seats (new or gently used condition), and toys.
- Equipment: Items that can be used to assist in the emergency response and immediate relief phase – such as power tools, ladders, chainsaws, fans, etc.
- Supplies: Cleaning supplies (e.g. bleach, sponges, mops, N95 filtration masks, gloves, buckets,) chairs, and tables
- Materials: Building materials (e.g. sheetrock, plywood, and lumber)
- Toys: Only new or clean, gently-used toys will be accepted (e.g. books, board games, battery-operated games)
- Furniture: Only furniture in clean and usable condition
- Bedding: New bedding (sheets, pillows, comforters, etc.) in unopened packages are preferred